Thursday, October 8, 2009

The beginning

Where to start?

I'll try by avoiding the topic of football and any football terminology like kick off, or anything to do with whistles. Instead I want to mention a small french cafe (stay with me here), it's called Cafe Presse, the food is immaculate, the service impeccable, they have just one screen and sometimes they don't even play the sound. In fact I have watched many games listening to DnB amazingly early in the morning. Now anyone familiar with the horror of Tommy Smyth's commentary will understand what an improvement to football that is. Add to that I can order a steak at 9 in the morning, with a blend of American and European football fans interacting in harmony there really are few better places to watch the beautiful game.

My point is labored, but it's important to find the right venue because then you can savor in the experience of the game and the connections you can make through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment